Tuesday, September 2, 2008

REMEMBERING PRESCHOOL

Lauren & I (July 2008)Noah & Derek attended preschool together and were blessed to have enjoyed Ms. Heather's class together!

The four boys enjoyed spending the day together--we miss you Derek, Dillon and Ms. Lauren!! Parkway Preschool began school today. My friend, Lauren, and I taught together for 3 amazing years at Parkway. We taught the "4 day Fours". I'll never forget moving to GA and being so discouraged that Noah was on so many different "wait lists" to enter preschool; far down on the lists almost to the point that it seemed hopeless that he would attend preschool. Then, Camille phoned from Parkway 2 weeks after our arrival in GA to inform me that there was a spot at Parkway for Noah. Being new to the area, I remember asking Parkway's location. We visited the preschool and based our decision not only on the curriculum, but also on the church's proximity to our home (literally 3 minutes away). Looking back now, I can see God's handiwork and am so blessed to have served Him through teaching preschool; something I swore in my younger days that I would NEVER do! Now, teaching is a chapter of my life that I will always cherish! Lauren, you are a blessing to me and to all the children whose lives you touch through teaching. May you and Kristi have a wonderful year together! Love ya!!

No comments: