Sunday, September 21, 2008

ESCAPE FROM COLUMBUS














An "escape from Columbus" was just what we needed yesterday! Following Noah's soccer practice, we piled into my car, Sophie included, and travelled about an hour to Indian Lake, Ohio. Trey's parents camped this weekend and we decided to spend the day with them at their campsite. Of course, the priority of the day was listening to the Bucks on the radio--once the game ended, then we were allowed roam the campground and visit the craft show. Grammy has established a tradition of ice cream cones and cow tail candies; Saturday was no exception. Trey's aunt and uncle also stopped by for a quick visit before returning to Lima via Rob's "new" Harley. The boys thoroughly enjoyed a quick "seat" upon the bike.
When Trey's parents first began camping Alexander wasn't quite 3 years old! If I remember Dee correctly, they borrowed a tent and packed hotdogs and s'mores makings...wondering if Alexander would even eat a hotdog or s'mores. They slept in sleeping bags and kept busy at the campground. Years later, they now own a very comfortable travel trailor (complete with all the amenities of home) and are anxiously awaiting news on a "permanent" camp site. A pontoon boat is also a possibility which Noah has already affectionately named the "USS Buckeye"!--makes me giggle, but it's so appropriate!
Thanks Papa and Grammy for a wonderful day camping!



2 comments:

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

Hey professional photographer!! Your pictures are getting better all the time!!! I love, love, love the one of the boys and Sophie from behind at the lake. You need to enlarge that one and hang it somewhere prominent!! I also love the O-H-I-O picture!! Emily still breaks out in that little cheer every now and then! Great picture!!! Love and miss you guys!

Wendy said...

My pix don't even begin to compare to yours, but appreciate the positive feedback :)! I'm trying my best and have stopped using my "automatic" and am trying to filter the light and all on my own...sometimes successful, sometimes not...thanks so much for your tutorial when you were visiting!! Miss y'all too!!!