Sunday, September 21, 2008

AMAZING FIREWORKS ALTERNATIVE






Who needs fireworks, when you can witness hot air balloons lighting the night sky?! We caught the tail end of the show, but it was one of the most amazing sights--absolutely beautiful. There were 7 balloons scattered on the lawn. We saw all the balloons lit at once and then a couple balloons lit individually. Alexander, Dee and I went right up to the base of one of the balloons and I asked if I could take a picture looking up into the balloon. Have you ever see a hot air balloon basket close, it's VERY tiny...not much room for more than 4 people; probably less if you want to be somewhat comfortable. None the less, the balloons were absolutely breathtaking in the dark, so I can only imagine how gorgeous the sight would have been in the daylight.
What an amazing alternative to fireworks!

3 comments:

Florida Girl said...

I have had the pleasure of riding in a balloon on two occasions. The first was an interesting experience as we went down (safely--but unexpectedly) in the middle of a huge, locked off property and the second was trouble free and just beautiful. I have been the "chase" vehicle many times and I always find it very exciting.

Love your blog--we have Heather in common :)

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

WOW!! Those pictures are incredible!!

Wendy said...

Thanks ladies! It was truly an awesome sight! I'm afraid of heights and not sure how I would fair in a hot air balloon; although if given the opportunity I know I'd somehow manage. Can't begin to imagine the beautiful shots that one would take from above...