Saturday, November 21, 2009

Buckeye Bash 5K

This morning, Ohio State VS Michigan morning, Trey and I ran our first 5K together! The Westerville Central CC team sponsored the event in which close to 500 participants raced. The morning was picture perfect--sunny skies, no clouds, no breeze and a brisk 40+ degrees. Perfect for a morning 3.1 mile run!














Trey and I before the Buckeye Bash 5K begins. I was a little tired, anxious and yet ready for the race to begin.
















My running partner, Stacey, has been on hiatus since fracturing her leg during training. I've missed our runs together and am SO happy she joined us this morning as photographer AND our cheering section! Stacey--thanks so very much--your support means the world to me!! I hope that one day we can run a 5K together and accomplish your goal of successfully completing your first 5K!!










Anticipating the start of the 2nd annual Buckeye Bash. After a rousing chant of "O-H" "I-O"--and one brave soul yelling "Go Blue"--the race started.

















Arriving across the finish line at 24:31--Trey finishes strong!











Finishing almost a minute earlier than my first race one month ago. Stacey and I determined that I've been running for 3 months. I never thought I'd be able to complete 1 mile, let alone 3.1 miles. And now, I've successfully completed 2 5Ks much quicker than I ever dreamed!! Trey and Stacey, thanks for believing in me and offering much needed encouragement and support--especially when I didn't think I had it in me!












Successfully completing my 2nd 5K in 28:51!






















A wonderful start to Ohio State VS Michigan Saturday! Stacey, many thanks for the pictures and cheering this morning--believe it or not, I did hear you and Trey. And, yes, I WAS sprinting--my legs sure thought so anyway!!

No comments: