Thursday, August 12, 2010

Inniswood Garden, Westerville, Ohio

Westerville Ohio's best kept secret! Inniswood Garden is a lovely 121-acre Metro Garden with 3 miles of paved and boardwalk paths nestles amongst gorgeous flower gardens. The Innis sisters dedicated their 37 acre property to the Columbus Metro Parks in 1972 as a way of conserving their gardens and sharing with others. In 2002, the "Sister's Garden" was introduced. Last Friday, while Noah enjoyed a metroparks camp and Alexander practiced, Mom, Dad and I walked around Inniswood Garden enjoying the beautiful scenery.















Throughout the colorful landscape, paintings, like the one below, offer additional interest to the various flower arrangements and gardens.































My parents visited us last week from South Carolina. I thoroughly enjoyed our time together! Last Friday was a wonderful reprieve to the hot, humid weather we've been experiencing--the perfect day for a walk through the garden.




























A blooming water lily--so pretty!














It's amazing how well the reeds disguise this frog.















A statue of the Innis sister welcomes visitors of all ages to the "Sisters' Garden" area.















The images below are taken in the "Secret Garden"--one of my favorite areas of Inniswood Garden.


























My parents and I on the bridge over the reflection pond. A special thanks to the woman who took this picture and gave me a picture I will always treasure.














No comments: