Saturday, June 12, 2010

Jacquemin Farms for Strawberries

Strawberries, such a beautiful fruit-love the bright red contrasting against the green bushes. But, oh the taste--eewwww! As a child, I remember my mother fixing strawberries for my sister and I regularly throughout the summer; just berries with a sprinkle of sugar on top--yummy. But, I'm not sure what happened between childhood and adulthood. Each summer I taste one strawberry, and each summer I spit it back out! YUCK! So, my friends found it quite strange that I would accept a strawberry picking invitation, but you know what, picking strawberries is a lot of fun--it's the eating them that isn't all that great :)!



Noah and Eli--best pals



Claire showing Alexander all the strawberries she found while Graham looks on.



Rather reluctantly, the kids pause for a quick group picture.



Enjoying a cold lemon or strawberry icee after an afternoon of strawberry picking at Jacquemin Farms.



No comments: