Sunday, May 3, 2009

Come Sail Away

We have the pleasure of living about 1/4 mile from Hoover Reservoir. Last Spring and Fall, once the boys were on their way to school, I would occasionally ride over to Hoover Reservoir and back. To me, the ride is so peaceful and calming and just a wonderful way to escape into nature and get lost in my thoughts as I peddle along. Yesterday, I was driving past Hoover Reservoir and noticed the sailing club taking advantage of a beautiful Spring day. The water and freshly emerging leaves created a wonderful backdrop for the sails floating in the breeze. I'm so thankful I took time to pause and admire nature's beauty, to listen to the birds, to enjoy the sails and just relax--if only for a brief moment.

1 comment:

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

I remember seeing that!! What a beautiful place!