Thursday, April 2, 2009

The First Kick of the Season

Our defender, keeping the soccer ball away from the goal!
Anticipating his teammate's sideline throw in
Preventing the opponent from stealing the ball


Noah's spring soccer season began Tuesday night with a BIG kick! The Lightning Bolts have been practicing for the past several weeks and Noah was very eager for the season to officially begin. I have to admit that I absolutely LOVE watching the boys play their respective sports--I look forward to each and every game and almost feel depressed when a season concludes. We didn't have much of a break between basketball and the spring seasons beginning--in fact, Alexander's track practices and BBall practices overlapped for a night, but I'm ready! I can remember the first season Noah played soccer with his best friend, Evan (Atlanta). The boys were so little and both teams chased the ball up and down the field. They were absolutey exhausted by the time the 1st period ended! As the years passed, Noah's skill level has drastically changed. He has a keen knowledge of the sport and is fully aware of all the positions and where each player can be on the field during play. Unfortunately, try as I might, I'm still clueless!! Typically, Noah defends the goal. I know at times he's disappointed because he doesn't have an opportunity to try to score, but I think the defense is just as important as the offense and of course, tell him that regularly. We thoroughly enjoyed the first game and look forward to many more throughout the season.


Way to go #12!!

No comments: