Thursday, January 29, 2009

Photography Attempts

Due to the snow, my photography class was cancelled last night (bummer!). Our instructor suggested attempting nighttime snow photography of our homes. Trey was my helper--we set the camera on the tripod and set out to navigate the ice covered sidewalk and snow covered street. The pictures are OK, but don't clearly define the ice coated trees as well as I would have liked. The final picture is taken of the tree by the front door--kind of cool. The snow and ice truly were beautiful. However, after shoveling for 2 hours yesterday (an inch of ice and 8 inches of snow takes a while to remove), with my neighbor's help, and learning that more snow will fall tomorrow AND another storm is predicted for early next week--I'm ready for 1) the boys to return to school (they've been home 2 days) and 2) the snow to disappear--we haven't seen the grass in 3+ weeks. Sure, the winter elements were beautiful initially, but enough's enough!! And, for all my Southern friends, I really, really wish there was some way to share the snow as I know y'all would like it snow much.

No comments: