Saturday, December 20, 2008

White Chocolate Snowmen Treats

I've always enjoyed "Family Fun" for their articles, recipes and fun activities. In 2001, Alexander started kindergarten and "Family Fun" featured snowman pretzel sticks. I KNEW I had to make them for Alexander's school holiday party. And, guess what, I'm still making the pretzel snowmen 7 years later. Over the years I've adjusted the recipe and minimized the ingredients creating a streamlined assembly line for snowmen production. Noah came to me earlier in the week and asked if I was going to make the snowmen pretzels again this year. Quite honestly, I had decided not too, but how do you say "no" to your child when they've asked for a holiday tradition so kindly. So, Wednesday, I spent a couple hours preparing snowmen for Noah's class. In year's past I've made snowmen for Alexander's class, Noah's class and my preschool class, so honestly, spending a couple hours on one class really wasn't too much for Noah to ask. When he returned home from school Wednesday, Noah jumped up and down and kept thanking me for making the snowmen. His excitement and happiness was well worth all the time spent. He eagerly passed out the snowmen during his holiday party Friday afternoon at school. The kids marveled at the snowmen and enjoyed their holiday treat. I'm so glad that Noah asked me to make the snowmen--it truly is a wonderful tradition and a memory and treat the boys obviously enjoy!

2 comments:

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

OH my, that brings back memories!! I had forgotten about your snowman pretzels!! My girls surely enjoyed them - and will now miss them too when they see these pictures!!

Wendy said...

I'll be happy to share the recipe!