Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Our "Sweet Sophie Shadow" turns ONE!

Sophie was a mere 3 pounds when the breeder invited our family to their home on December 29, 2007, to make our selection--she didn't arrive home until mid-January

Sophie--a tiny little girl in January

Look, I'm as big as Oscar (February 2008)

A quick snooze before the playfullness returns!

Every little girl needs something pink (March 2008)

I'm growing quickly! (April 2008)

What did you say? Another picture? (May 2008)

I'm a BIG girl now--summer 2008

Looks like every member of the family cheers for the Buckeyes! (Fall 2008)

Happy 1st Birthday Sophie--December 10, 2008
I can remember feeling an unsettling excitement and anticipation in the house last Christmas. Trey had contacted the Golden Retriever breeder and we were awaiting the news of when Sophie's litter would make their arrival. My sister visited last Christmas and had the pleasure of traveling to Newcomerstown, Ohio to help us decide who would become "Sophie". The puppies, only 3 weeks old, were all adorable and it was difficult to choose between the two females. We finally made a choice--designating our puppy with an "Ohio State" puppy collar.


Trey grew up with dogs, but the boys and I have never had a dog in the house; only cats. I can remember many a time saying "it's good thing you're cute, or I'd be REALLY angry". Sophie was crate trained and potty trained quickly, but remained confined to the kitchen until we were confident we could all survive "Sophie on the loose". She's captured everyone's heart (Alexander won't admit it, but we know he adores her) and our family would no longer be complete without her.

Happy 1st Birthday Miss Sophie!!

2 comments:

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

Awwwww - Happy Birthday Sophie!! How many years did I try to talk you into getting a dog???? Aren't you so glad now? I can soooo relate to the "it's a good thing you are cute" line as well!

Nana said...

I think Sophie is beautiful. Golden retreivers are so so pretty and smart. I love all the movies about them and how they are so loyal to their families. Happy Birthday Sophie.