Tuesday, October 7, 2008

OHIO CELEBRATION



Ohio's bicentennial celebration occured in 2003. Each of Ohio's 88 counties has a barn painted to commemorate the 200th birthday of Ohio. Several of the county barns are strategically located off of main hightways and I've noticed them on numerous times throughout our Ohio treks, but was never really certain of the significance aside from advertising Ohio's 200th Birthday. At the time, I had no idea that EVERY Ohio county has a painted barn. I decided to investigate a little further and discovered the location of our county barn. It's located a few miles from our home and is visible from I-71. My Dad and I had the pleasure of photographing the barn together last summer a month, or so, after moving back to the area. The painted barns are a wonderful way to celebrate Ohio's history!

No comments: