Thursday, October 23, 2008

HAIDEN ARRIVES...











Haiden visited yesterday and our adventure began with a school visit. Haiden and I decided it would be LOTS of fun to have lunch in the school cafeteria with Noah and his friends. As we arrived at Noah's school, Haiden kept repeating that the school is VERY tall and big too. He was moving slowly into the school; he's never been to school before and I think he might have been a little nervous about the new experience. Well, the school secretary, Vice Principal and a couple of duty aides and teachers doted all over Haiden and I think he was instantly comfortable in school.
We sat at the school tables in the cafeteria and enjoyed our lunch. The duty aides, who happen to be neighbors and friends, invited Haiden to join Noah and his friends on the playground--I wasn't expecting the invitation and Haiden was SO excited! After making sure it was OK with Noah, we followed the boys and girls outside. Haiden had such a GREAT time chasing Noah and his friends and climbing the equipment and sliding down the slide (more times than I can remember). We only lasted half of recess time, but it was extremely nice that we were able to join Noah for a little while.
Haiden and I returned to the house and played with Batman toys, Star Wars and some Lord of the Rings figures too. We decided to hang out in the basement, and then upstairs. Of course, he was quickly "bored" with the toys and we had to put things away and search for "new" toys. We spent a couple of hours playing and then decided that we would surprise the boys with sugar cookies. Since I was in a time crunch, I chose pull apart sugar cookies and let Haiden decorate them with Halloween sprinkles. He LOVED it and couldn't wait to share the cookies with Alexander and Noah.
Alexander arrived home around 3pm and Haiden couldn't wait to "play", but Alexander was swamped with homework. Haiden seemed to understand and we continued to play until Noah was due home at 3:45pm. Then Alexander took a small break, and the three of us went outside and waited for the bus. Alexander is still consumed with football and decided that Haiden needed to learn a few moves...it was adorable to watch and my pictures don't quite do the moment justice, but I tried. Alexander showed Haiden how to "hike" the ball. He didn't quite understand and the first time the ball went flying forward, instead of back. I couldn't stop giggling, but Alexander was very patient and explained the directions again and the next time Haiden hiked the ball right to Alexander.
After Noah arrived home we enjoyed our yummy cookies and then Noah and Haiden had an opportunity to play together. WOW--the dynamics certainly changed once Noah was home. They both became these crazy, wild boys and I decided a trip to the park was a necessity! Alexander joined us for a short time and the boys had a great time chasing one another and be crazy outside!
I thoroughly enjoyed spending the day with Haiden--we had a lot of fun! However, now having older boys I have quickly forgotten how much energy a little one requires. Suffice to say, I slept extremely well last night, never awoke once, and was startled by the alarm awakening me this morning. I'm really glad I had the opportunity to spend the day with our nephew--he was a joy to have at the house and we hope he's able to visit again soon...






1 comment:

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

Awww Wendy - you are so sweet. Haiden is so lucky to have an Aunt Wendy like you. Getting more professional all the time with that camera!!