Friday, August 22, 2008

Summer Reflection: June 2008

Summer is one my favorite seasons...OK, I like all of the seasons except WINTER! I have had so much fun spending time with my kiddo's this summer. After reviewing our summer pictures I decided to share some of our summer highlights; these pix are from the month of June. Enjoy!!

Aunt Lucille will celebrate her 100th birthday in March 2009. She was my G'ma Walker's best friend and the two spent much time together. She's an amazing woman--sharp as a tack, as my Dad would say. Dad was happy he was able to visit her on our return trip to Logan, Ohio
My parents arrived the day after school dismissed for summer break. Dad was born and raised in Logan, Ohio, and I knew that he would enjoy visiting his hometown. When my sister and I were younger, G'ma Walker would take us to Old Man's Cave and other surrounding parks. It's exciting to be able to share some of my childhood memories with my boys. They enjoy God's beauty as much as my sister and I did way back when...
I LOVE this picture of my sweet Noah!
My boys and I taking a break while hiking in Old Man's Cave.
My parents and I--it was wonderful to have them visit! I miss them so much and our extended weekend together brought many smiles, laughter and memories!
Trey and I visited the original Bob "H'Evans" (Alexander's term when he was much younger) Farm years ago and I knew it was something that Alexander and Noah would enjoy. On our way home from the reunion, we stopped for breakfast with Trey's parents, Chris and Haiden. After breakfast, we took some time to tour the homestead.


The month concluded with the boy's annual week with Papa and Grammy. Trey and I met Trey's parents at Indian Lake camp ground. The boys couldn't wait to camp! Trey's parents have a travel trailer--so they're camping in style!
Alexander and Papa busy "cooking" dinner.
Noah's convinced that Alexander makes the BEST s'mores!
Grammy, Papa,Noah, Alexander and Trey--enjoying a summer evening by the campfire.