Wednesday, August 27, 2008

3RD GRADE BEGINS TODAY!

Trey was unable to stay home to wish Noah off to school. So, he tucked a note inside Noah's backpack. Meanwhile, I had tucked a note inside Noah's lunch. Noah loved receiving his "mail" today.



Alexander woke early to wish Noah well on his first day of school; hence the picture of Noah and Mom compliments of Alexander. Noah and Miss Sophie
Noah's teacher requires a 3" three ring binder--it's almost the same size of Noah!! I wasn't sure he'd be able to carry the backpack, but he proved me wrong--smile and all!
Today was Noah's first day of school! As many of you know, Noah was new to the school district last year. Due to a 3rd grade overflow issue affecting the 2008-2009 school year, over the summer several students were notified that they would attend another elementary school. The decision to move the children was based on their enrollment date into the district. Unfortunately Noah is one of those students and today he started school at a new elementary school, once again. The morning began with a realm of emotions--sad, angry, happy, sad and thankfully concluded with happy. His tummy was full of nerves, but as we know, change is hard. I drove him to school and walked him to class per his request. As I left him to begin his day, I said a quick prayer that his butterflies would settle and that he would feel confident and secure in his new classroom; that he would meet a friend and enjoy his first day of school. I picked him up after school and while he wasn't beaming from ear to ear, he wasn't frowning either. I think the first day of school is always challenging. He did make a new friend and managed to find a couple of friends from his "old" school at recess. It's going to be another adjustment for us, but I know Noah is going to have a successful and fun filled 3rd grade year!!

2 comments:

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

Cutie Noah!! I'm so glad his first day went well. Hopefully tomorrow will be even better!! I was thinking about you guys today!

Wendy said...

Thanks Heather!! Enjoy your final days of summer break!!