Friday, September 10, 2010

Lunch With Noah

I had the pleasure of joining Noah and his best buddy, along with the entire 5th grade class, for lunch today. Noah's birthday lunch request: Chick Fil A. I love, that although he's a big 5th grader, he's still willing and wanting to have me join him for lunch...even when I don't bring Chick Fil A :)! I spent the morning baking cookies from scratch--a rare treat. Since Noah thinks "baking cookies" involves the "pull-apart" cookies--he was convinced that I had just 'cooked' the chocolate chip cookies and not 'really baked them'. Oh my gosh, even 5th graders can say the funniest things. I assured him that the cookies were homemade and he replied, "thanks, they're awesome!"
















What I didn't know is that on Fridays, the 5th graders are allowed to sit ANYWHERE; they're not required to stay with their homeroom class. Oh my heavens, you can't begin to imagine the increase in noise level and chaos as Noah started walking around the cafeteria with a basket overflowing with chocolate chip cookies for his classmates! EVERYONE was suddenly Noah's best friend, yelling his name and then yelling "Happy Birthday". I would have been SO embarrassed at his age, but when I asked him if everyone yelling his name bothered him--no, of course not.


















Needless to say the cookies were a hit! Noah wanted to save a couple cookies for his teachers, so during his recess time, we went in search of his teachers. When our time together was finished, he absolutely melted my heart by 1) thanking me and 2) giving me a hug. I can't believe our "baby" turns 11 on Sunday! Happy, Happy Birthday my sweet Noah :)!

1 comment:

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

aawww what fun!! Happy birthday Noah!!