Friday, September 10, 2010

Back to School for Mom

When Noah started preschool in Georgia, I decided that subbing and later teaching would be a wonderful way to offset the cost of tuition. Little did I know that I would absolutely fall in love with my "job". After returning to Ohio, I took a couple years off and last year returned to teaching again. Wednesday, I started my fifth year of teaching 4s preschool. Like most teachers, I've spent hours preparing for my class. One of my final preparations was creating "crayon" treats for my class to coordinate with Laura Numeroff's book, "If You Take a Mouse to School" which I read during orientation. The craft is adapted from one of my scrapbook magazines and SO easy and fun to make.














My supplies include: rolos (length of crayon), Hershey's kiss (crayon tip), paper and adhesive.














A close-up of the crayons and below, all ready for orientation; complete with a tag, "Wecome to the Orange 4s class".














Each year, we adopt a class tree and take a picture by the tree during each of the four seasons. Below, is our "summer season" class picture.





















We've only shared one full class time together, but already I absolutely adore the little ones in my new class. I can't wait to watch them blossom throughout the school year!

2 comments:

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

How exciting!! I'm hope you have the best year ever! Love your crayon idea - and LOVE the tree idea!!

Jennifer said...

Love your crayon idea I may have to copy that next year --I know you will have a great school year and your boys are growing up so fast