Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Alexander

How in the world does the time pass so quickly? It's hard to believe that 14 years ago today, Trey and I were at Riverside Methodist Hospital, Columbus, Ohio, awaiting the arrival of our first child. Trey's parents arrived early in the morning and I remember feeling badly that they'd probably have to wait hours for their first grandchild to appear. My parents arrived later in the afternoon, still plenty of time to wait until Alexander finally arrived at 8:03pm weighing 7lb 13oz and scoring a perfect 10 on his Apgar. We were all amazed at his full head of hair and I was stunned at the small size of our newborn son. Trey and I struggled with his name, but decided on Alexander. I remember our parents sharing that the four of them dined at J. Alexander's celebrating the arrival of the first grandson on both sides of the family.

My how times have changed! Alexander now towers above Trey and I, supporting a nearly 6ft frame. Trey and I couldn't be more proud of the young man he's becoming--he's intelligent, funny, athletic, caring and most of all a well-rounded wonderful person. So today Alexander, we wish you a very Happy 14th Birthday and warm wishes for the year ahead! Love you to the moon and back today and always! Mom & Dad

















Did you notice a theme? Alexander wanted a "throw-back" Ohio State Jersey and Noah gave him the gray OSU TShirt--he's ready for OSU football to begin next month :)!

No comments: