Friday, March 26, 2010

My Spring Friends

We awoke to snow this morning--an unexpected 4 inches of snow! Alexander left for the bus around 7:20am this morning and when I went inside to my perch to watch him cross the street (shhh--don't tell him I spy on him every school morning!), I noticed two feathered friends sitting in the snow. My favorite childhood story is "Make Way for Ducklings"--it was one of the first books I bought for Alexander--I think before he even arrived! I've always referred to Mallard ducks as Mr. and Mrs. Mallard because that's what they were called in my favorite book. My parents love ducks and I think since they enjoy them, I've developed the same fondness over the years. So, you can only imagine my delight when I noticed them in the front yard! Mrs. Mallard made the cutest snow tracks to reach her resting spot. I took several pictures of my friends before returning to my morning responsibilities. When I returned to look later, they were gone, but their tracks are a reminder of my wonderful surprise this snowy morning!

















1 comment:

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

Oh my goodness - I can't believe you had snow!! Love the ducks and the duck tracks - spring is on the way!!