Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Trimming the Tree

This year, we decided to place the tree in the front window--adds a little extra dimension to the outside decorations. The tree was assembled and lit for close to three weeks before we had a "free" evening to decorate the tree as a family. With Christmas music softly playing, a holiday candle scenting the air, we finally "trimmed the tree". I developed a fond 'love' for snowman many years ago and our family tree is trimmed in snowmen, mittens and hats. The tree skirt was created in Maryland many years ago! My parents were visiting and my mother helped with initial instructions and once they returned home, I sewed the tree skirt myself--one of my first sewing projects! Every year I think we'll start changing to a more "stylish" tree, but I LOVE the decorations and most have a special significance to our family. As of last week, our tree is finally ready for the holidays. I love that my nativity scene is right beside the tree--a constant reminder that the holidays can get quite 'crazy busy', but that the real reason for the Christmas season is the arrival of our Lord and Savior. Merry Christmas to all!

Our sweet boys--now 13 and 10--where does the time go?


No, Trey isn't the same height as the tree. He was checking with me to make sure the "star" placement was OK--what do you think? (hee, hee)







The boys decorating our family snowman tree.





Sweet Sophie entertained us by 'stealing' the Santa hats. I thought a picture of the boys and Sophie by the tree would be easy-ha, was I ever wrong! For once, the boys were cooperative, but Sophie had other plans...she was just too curious! So, Noah, as you can see, is holding Sophie in place. Oh my--the things we do for a picture!






And, finally--we present to you--our family tree :o)!

No comments: