Thursday, October 8, 2009

"Spook"tacular Fun!





















When my friend I first saw the sample cards at our "Friday hangout", we were simultaneously intrigued. We examined the cards and couldn't determine how they were created. So, we signed up for the class.

Have you ever heard of "Iris Folding"? Me neither!
Here's a brief explanation from the internet: "Iris folding is a technique that originated in Holland. Color coordinated strips of folded paper are taped into place over a pattern, creating a spiralling design that resembles the iris of an eye or camera." The technique is time consuming, but lots of fun. And the cards are absolutely adorable, don't ya think? The possibilities are endless with this new technique and I can't wait to get started on some more ideas!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Those so beautiful I have never seen anything like that before, if anyone can make it you can. I hope your school year is going great!!!