Sunday, September 20, 2009

Having a "ball"!!

So perhaps I 'say' this every sports post, but I truly LOVE watching our boys play their respective sports!! The weather this past week was absolutely gorgeous and I think sitting in the sun watching the boys play football and soccer--well, it doesn't get much better! We had 2 soccer games and a football game to enjoy--loving it!
The cheerleaders chant this catchy cheer, "Let me hear your Jaguar Rumble, Let me hear your Jaguar Rumble", so the banner was appropriately titled this week! The anticipation of the kids running through the banner indicating the start of the game--well, you know this Mom is ready!
Alexander proved himself in practice this week and spent some time on the field! He did an amazing job tackling and blocking--he's the Genoa player in the center of the below picture (you can only see 1/2 of him).
Moving down the field for a possible catch--it went to the player on the far right side of the field, but Alexander was in position and ready if the ball had been thrown his way!
The Jaguars defeated their opponent and congratulated them below on a great game! Great game boys--especially #85--we can't wait to see you play this Thursday night!
As if the excitement of the football game wasn't enough, Noah had an outstanding series of games this week! He played his best game Saturday--EVER! Noah's been playing soccer for YEARS and absolutely loves the sport. Typically, he finds himself on defense and has become frustrated over the years because defensive positions don't permit the opportunity to score. Well, Noah played offense Saturday morning and scored his first goal--EVER! I was so engrossed in his fancy footwork that I missed taking a picture. Of course, he was surrounded by his team and the other team, so I doubt we would have found him in the picture anyway. So, I'll just have to savor the sweet memory!! Needless to say, the smile on Noah's face was one of the biggest ones I've seen in a LONG time!! Noah--AWESOME JOB!



The boys are growing up so quickly, so I cherish all of these games. I may grumble a little trying to juggle the schedule, but it's well worth watching them on their respective fields. I'm very proud of both of them and can't wait to watch more soccer and football this week! Way to go Alexander and Noah!!

No comments: