Friday, November 7, 2008

First Quarter Ends

Rarely, do I have an opportunity to volunteer at the middle school, but today was an exception! Alexander's Language Arts teacher held an "incentive day" for the class in recognition of their hard work at the conclusion of Quarter I. Lunch was supplied by one of the parents and several additional parents donated drinks, chips and desserts. I was shocked when Alexander told me he volunteered me to help, but excited too since I rarely have an opportunity to see him at school. The class was wonderful--polite and appreciative and I thoroughly enjoyed my time with them. Alexander forbid me from taking pictures (guess that was part of the "deal"), but wanted to share the "thank you" note that the class signed. I was surprised when Alexander entered the classroom wearing a "different" shirt than he left wearing this morning--Friday's he ALWAYS wears an Ohio State shirt of some kind and I was shocked that he'd cover it! However, Alexander was honored to wear his new shirt as it recognizes him as being a Genoa athlete that earned a GPA of 3.5+. He was only too eager to share his grade card with me, so I knew, that once again it would be "good". I couldn't be more proud of him--all "A"s including two "A+"s. I am most proud of his "A" in Algebra; a freshman level class for which he's earning high school credit. He's done a wonderful job juggling football practices and games as well as maintaining his academics! Alexander, CONGRATULATIONS ON A JOB WELL DONE!!

1 comment:

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

Congratulations Alexander!! That's quite an accomplishment!!