Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mohican Adventures

Trey decided very "last minute" to "vacation" the week of July 4th.  Our weekend was busy with July 4th activities including a trip to Cleveland to watch the Yankees.  We worked around the boys' sports schedules and decided (weather permitting) that Wednesday would be our day to enjoy the outdoors.
Getting ready to  collect our oars and life vests for our Mohican Adventure.
The boys and Mom decided to raft first while Dad took a spin in the kayak. 

Little did we know that we'd be the ones "spinning".  Thankfully we were able to master paddling after we turned a few circles and visited opposing banks a few times.  Trey just laughed while trying to provide "instruction".  And, as if trying to master paddling wasn't enough, Alexander accidentally dropped my disposable water camera.  Suprisingly, I didn't yell, but laughed uncontrollably as we watched the camera float away; I think I was in disbelief.  Needless to say, we paddled feverishly until I could strategically position myself, hanging over the edge of the raft, to successfully retrieve the run-away camera.  And, no, I didn't get wet!

Trey was the first to kayak and paddled like a pro! 
He paddled more than once upstream to encourage us in the right direction.
  
We successfully "banked" and Trey and Alexander swapped spots. 
Alexander kayaked well, but his paddle strokes were major splashes--thank heavens for a warm day!

Noah decided that he'd be the next one in the kayak.  He did great in the kayak until he ended up circling, narrowly missing a tree and banking before it was time.  At least our adventure allowed for many laughs!

Oh my gosh--I've found my next sport.  Kayaking is so peaceful, calm and relaxing--what a great experience!

We thoroughly enjoyed our family time at Mohican Adventures! 

No comments: